Who are we looking for?
Want to help others better understand the tech world and always stay up to date with the latest online stories? WindowsReport, one of the largest tech websites on the web, is looking for experienced tech writers that share our passion and determination for creating incredible content and unique news articles.
If you have terrific research skills, top-notch English, and a tech-oriented background, then you have the opportunity to be part of one of the youngest and most performance driven teams out there!
Your role is to find the bleeding edge tech subjects on multiple platforms, create well-written, compelling news articles, work with different angles and deadlines, and find the biggest tech news of the day.
What we want from you:
● You have a perfect written English
● You have a very good knowledge of WordPress
● You have amazing research skills
● You’re always up to date with the best practices and basic writing techniques like inverted pyramid and nut graph
● You know how to work in a fast-paced environment that changes everyday
● You’re able to work with a Tech Editor and follow the general guidelines
● You have a sharp mind and an angle-focused thinking; you’re able to find a unique take on every new subject
● You follow technology news on multiple channels: Google, Websites, Reddit, Twitter, Forums, Facebook, and others.
● You’re always connected and know how to turn a simple story into a solid news piece
Your goal is to help our readers filter their most important topics and always stay updated with their latest interests. You have to focus your research on what they are looking for and why it should matter to them. Of course, keep in mind that not all of them are tech-savvy and your content should always be digestible and easy to follow
● Proven experience writing consumer tech news
● Ability to tackle multiple technology topics across popular platforms and devices
● Ability to find awesome images for your content
● Great knowledge of WordPress, Google News, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and other platforms like NewsBlur, Feedly, Inoreadear, Netvibes.
● Willingness to learn more everyday and to constantly improve
● Ability to make informed decisions based on your extensive knowledge and research
● Great communication skills
● Ability to write informational content in a balanced manner
Extra things that we love:
● Well-connected list of contacts in the tech world
● Active social media following
● Photo editing skills
● Experience documenting processes
● Background in writing/editing
● Hard-working and ambitious
● Sense of pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success ● People skills
● Very determined and performance driven
What we offer:
● Competitive salary
● Health insurance & meal tickets
● Birthday is always off
● Flexible vacation time
● Remote working (in some cases)
● Amazing coffee & chairs
● Beautiful office with terrace
● 5 minutes from Stefan cel Mare subway
● Craft beer at the office
● Stress-free working environment
● Other secret special perks
Refector Ventures is the founder company of Reflector Media, an independent online conglomerate of publications, with the first website founded in the Fall of 2012: WindowsReport.com.
The main building is near Stefan cel Mare metro station (Strada Barbu Mumuleanu 14) in a boutique office on a quiet street. The team numbers around 20 brilliant people, all striving to accomplish the most every day.